U.S. Peace Corps Belize seeks General Services Manager (GSM) to join our team in Belmopan
Would you like to work in a dynamic work environment where critical thinking and problem solving skills are highly valued? Do you have experience providing logistical support as well as vehicle fleet management and property management?
Then this job may be for you! The GSM is responsible for the overall management and logistical support of general services.
The U.S. Peace Corps/Belize located in Belmopan, Belize seeks a General Services Manager (GSM). The GSM is responsible for property management activities and services, including the reception, storage, movement and disposal of supplies and equipment in accordance to Peace Corps policies. Additionally s/he serves as the back-up Safety/Security Manager, manages the vehicle fleet, serves as Peace Corps customs expediter, is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the Peace Corps office and official residences, and provides additional operational leadership and assistance.
- Experience with providing general services/logistical support to Peace Corps
– OR –
- Experience with providing general services/logistical support to programs of similar NGO/development organizations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, customs agents, Immigration Office, and stakeholders relevant to the Peace Corps mission
- Demonstrated organizational and professional communication skills; experience supervising small team
- Ability to manage vehicle fleet and
- Demonstrated English proficiency, both written and oral;
- Demonstrated local language fluency;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, and other basic computer knowledge
- An associates degree (or local equivalent); college degree preferred.
- Experience with safety and security programs of Peace Corps or with programs of similar NGO/development organizations
Salary range: $40K -65K per year, based on employment history and previous relevant professional experience.
Application Process/Deadline:Applicants must be Belizean citizens OR possess a valid Belizean work visa to apply.
Submit resume, cover letter and contact information of three references to [email protected] or mail to: Peace Corps Belize, Attn: GSM Position, PO Box 492, Belmopan, Belize.
Review of applications shall commence on March 24, 2017 and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For a complete scope of work, please send a request to [email protected].