General — 16 October 2015 — by Albert J. Ciego
Glenford Vernon’s “boy killer”  still at large

BELIZE CITY, Thurs. Oct. 8, 2015–One month after Glenford Vernon, 26, of Cran Street, was murdered by a boy killer who shot him about 7 times while he was getting a tattoo on his neck in a tattoo shop on Castle Street, the killer and his accomplice have not yet been captured.

    The incident occurred at about 2:30 Friday afternoon, September 4.  Vernon’s youthful killer is said to be only 15 years old.

    The neighbors reported that they saw two men – a boy and an older man – coming down Lancaster Street toward Castle Street, and both were on one bicycle. They stopped a short distance from Castle Street, and the older man took out a gun and gave it to the boy.

    The boy hesitated, and according to those who saw him, there seemed to be reluctance on his part.

    The man insisted, however, and the boy took the gun, walked into Castle Street and went into the tattoo shop. The neighbors said that one shot exploded first, and thereafter, they heard six more shots.

    The neighbors at first thought that it was the tattoo artist who had been shot. They ran over to the shop, but found that it was Glenford Vernon, who lived on Cran Street, who had been shot.

      According to the neighbours, he had been shot in the chest, both hands, his leg and his stomach. He was not yet dead, however, and he asked them to help him and he was able to walk out to the gate.

    A police mobile unit arrived almost immediately, the residents said, but did not take him to get medical attention because it was claimed he was too bloody.

    A second mobile unit came shortly after, and that vehicle took him to the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital. At the time, while Vernon was waiting for the other police vehicle, he was still gasping for air, they said, but shortly after, his breathing was not audible.

    They believe that he was already dead when he was loaded into the second mobile unit.

    Vernon’s mother, Angella Wiltshire of the Scenes of Crime Unit of the police, said that he had “cleaned off” and had asked her how to spell her name, and that he was going to surprise her, after which he went out, but she was unaware that he had gone to the tattoo shop to place a tattoo of her name on his neck. She said that that was his surprise to her.

    He left home on a bicycle, but the whereabouts of the bicycle is not known, but Vernon’s phone was returned to his mother by police.

    Wiltshire told Amandala, however, that she is very dissatisfied with the progress of the investigation.

    As far as we’ve been able to ascertain, Vernon’s only brush with the law was a gun charge, which was dropped when it was discovered that it was a pellet gun that was in the trunk of the car in which he was travelling, and the gun was not a firearm.

    Angella Wiltshire wants her son’s killer to be found, and it has been a month now since his death. Anyone who has information that can lead to the arrest of the killer is urged to contact the police or to call 0800-822 TIPS or 911.

Related Articles


About Author

(0) Readers Comments

Comments are closed.