Headline — 05 January 2016 — by Albert J. Ciego
Southside loses Kieron Moss, 21, in first murder  for 2016

BELIZE CITY, Mon. Jan. 4, 2016–After a month-long reprieve in murders on the Southside of Belize City, a young man who was walking in the Jane Usher Boulevard area at about 4:30 Friday morning, after celebrating the New Year, was gunned down in the first murder case for 2016.

Kieron Moss, 21, of Freedom Street, Port Loyola, was escorting two women home, on Levy Slusher Street, in the Jane Usher Boulevard area, after they attended the New Year countdown at the Memorial Park and went partying at a local nightclub.

Reports to Amandala are that the three friends took a cab to the Jane Usher Boulevard area, and Moss was attacked by two gunmen on motorcycles, one of whom fired several shots at him, hitting him in the head and body, after which they fled the scene.

According to police, Moss was shot twice in the head and 6 times in the chest and body, but the girls were not harmed.

Assistant Superintendent Marcia Moody, Commander of Precinct 2 Police, in a press brief held this afternoon at the Racoon Street Police Station, told the media that their immediate investigation led them to detain a man who they strongly believe can help with the investigation. According to police, the motive for the murder is unknown.

Douglas Hyde, Police Public Relations Coordinator, told Amandala that Moss was a participant in the community events which police held for the people in the area.

A family member told Amandala that they were at home when someone came to inform them that Moss had been killed. They rushed to the area and saw him already dead and police were also already on the scene.

Moss’s grieving brother said that his death came as a shock to the family.

Moss had been working at Marelco on North Front Street, Belize City, along with his mom, and according to her, he had not reported that his life was in danger or that he had been threatened.

Moss’ relatives said that they are baffled over why anyone would murder their loved one.

Police have launched an investigation into the shooting, but no one has yet been arrested for the murder of Moss.

Moss, a former student of Anglican Cathedral College, loved sports and had played on the school’s basketball and football teams.

Related Articles


About Author

(0) Readers Comments

Comments are closed.