31.1 C
Belize City
Sunday, September 25, 2022

Belize City Children’s Rally returns to the Civic Center

by Khaila Gentle BELIZE CITY, Fri. Sept. 16,...

Owen Morrison, former principal of BelizeTechnical College, passes

by Khaila Gentle BELIZE CITY, Thurs. Sept. 21,...

Lawrence Vernon pens Philip S.W. Goldson biography

by Khaila Gentle BELIZE CITY, Thurs. Sept. 22,...

Thursday night fire leaves 2 homeless in Ladyville

GeneralThursday night fire leaves 2 homeless in Ladyville

Two Ladyville residents have been left homeless after a fire gutted their home in the Mitchell Estate area at about 6:30 this evening.

Unconfirmed reports are that the wooden/plycem bungalow structure, which was occupied by two females, may have caught fire because a candle was left unattended inside one of the rooms.

Vigilant neighbors reportedly saw the fire and alerted the occupants. Thereafter, one of the females rushed in to save her child, who she had allegedly left inside the house.

Luckily, no one was harmed; however, one of the witnesses who spoke with Amandala said that the fire officials – who the witness said seemed unprepared – took a long while to arrive on scene.

By the time fire officials arrived, the house had already been engulfed in flames.

Both fire victims were subsequently taken to the Ladyville police station for an official statement.

We understand that the house was owned by Sharette Williams, who lives across the street from where the fire occurred.

We intend to have more details on this unfortunate incident in the next issue of the Amandala.

Check out our other content

Robbers attempt high-tech heist at HRCU

Local dancer drowns in PG

Trial within a trial for Mason 5 adjourned

Check out other tags:

International