International — 08 November 2013 — by Albert J. Ciego
American fugitive captured in Punta Gorda

A man who was on the run from the United States justice system was captured in Punta Gorda on Friday. Timothy Ray Veasey of Maryland, USA, who was wanted by the US on charges of burglary, was arrested by Punta Gorda police and has been handed over to the US Marshall Service through the Embassy of the United States, who will take him back to his country to face trial.

Inspector Arnel Dominguez of the Punta Gorda police told the media that about 11:00 a.m. on Friday, they were on patrol on Alejandro Vernon Street in Punta Gorda, and went to the upper flat of a two-flat building on the northern entrance of that town, where they saw United States national, Timothy Ray Veasey, 49, who had been living in the area for some weeks, and for whom a warrant for arrest had been issued by the US. The officers immediately took him into custody.

Afterwards, Veasey was taken to the Belmopan Police headquarters, and from there, to the United States Embassy.

According to online reports dated May 17, 2013 from WBAL TV 11, a television station and news source in Maryland, police were called to a house located in the 6500 block of Englewood Road in Linthicum, Baltimore USA, on a report of a burglary in progress.

The owner of the house reported that her house was being burglarized and that the thief was in the house. The woman told police she heard someone on her roof and then she heard “them” enter her home. She ran out of the house to her neighbor’s home, from where she called police.

Police responded and saw that there was forced entry to the house, and that someone was in the home. They immediately cordoned off the area, and went into the house. According to the reports, when the officers entered the home they saw Veasey open a lower floor basement door and begin to crawl up the stairs.

Officers quickly attempted to arrest Veasey, but he pushed away the two policemen and attempted to flee. The cops then used a taser on Veasey to subdue him, because he had become violent. He was then arrested and taken into custody, but refused medical attention. Police found several items stolen from the home in Veasey’s possession, and charged him with burglary, theft and resisting arrest. He was taken to court, and was then released on bail, after which he absconded.

Reports are that Veasey was also being investigated for other burglaries in the Maryland area.

Related Articles


About Author

(0) Readers Comments

Comments are closed.