Former President Barack Obama, to this day, regrets involving America in removing Libya’s Colonel Moammar Gadhafi. Today, Libya does not have a truly functional government, and there are more than 1,400 armed groups fighting within the country. Libya is awash with sophisticated weapons, and its instability has to some extent contributed to destabilise Mali, Chad, Niger, Nigeria and to a lesser extent, Cameroon. The citizens of a country – not outsiders – should remove their leaders, or dictators, by themselves. Are Iraqis and Libyans better off today than they were when Saddam Hussein and Moammar Gadhafi were ruling them? That is the litmus test – nothing else.
When I visit London, to my consternation, I now see in this great city Libyans working in very menial jobs, which were once the preserve of Somalis, Algerians, Iraqis, Eritreans, Yemenis, Malians and Chadians. How hath the mighty fallen? Under Gadhafi, Libyans hardly left home – and when they did they went as students sponsored by a generous state. In fact, Gadhafi was the only Arab leader who gave Black African students scholarships, without any religious strings attached (unlike the Wahhabi Saudis). And, like the great Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah of Ghana (an adherent of the Jamaican philosopher and Black activist, Marcus Garvey and the Trinidadian, George Padmore), he dreamt of a great, united Pan-Africa. He was the most generous donor to the OAU, even paying the subscriptions of lesser well heeled African countries to its successor, the African Union (AU).
Today, the chickens have come home to roost – the future of the European Union now faces a giant question mark; and whether it is an accepted fact or not, dysfunctional America definitely has a dictatorship in the making, with a compliant, self-serving and boot-licking Congress, a disunited and cowed media, and the so called Liberals in confusion-mode, all serving as enablers. And, then there are THE SUPPORTERS – some knowing and opportunistic, with the majority extraordinarily ignorant and naive.
Americans say with pride: “We have our Constitution – we have our checks and balances”! Yes! It also gave them the Electoral College, an anachronism built on a racist foundation. They ain’t seen nothing yet! When the judiciary and the intelligence and surveillance arms of government, as well as the Fourth Estate of the realm (the media) are systematically ridiculed, humiliated and their credibility viciously undermined by an executive arm, (with “Alternative Facts”) along with a compromised legislature in acquiescence, we all will see how well the Constitution will stand or buckle under the constant strain. Already, we see how some police unions are taking advantage of the current political climate to roll back a number of Obama police reforms! Pre-Nazi Germany had a beautiful Constitution with checks and balances; so does Vladimir Putin’s Russia.
Today, the Russians are quietly celebrating America’s possible destabilisation and global shaming, which was their goal all along when colluding with the traitors and fifth columnists within America in interfering with the recent presidential elections, and thereafter. . . a matter that I deeply doubt will be comprehensively and objectively investigated. Today, the nations of the disadvantaged Third World are saying: “Well, what goes around, comes around – welcome America”!
We do not have the luxury to think this charade will end soon – for a waiting-in-the-wings President Pence, though stable and more efficient, given his rabid bigotry, ultra right-wing ideology, and well-documented hypocrisy, will be much, much worse for America than the bull we now have in the china shop. A Hobbesian choice? Ah well.
Moammar Gadhafi’s prophecies:
“I will not go into exile to any foreign country. I was born here in Libya, and I will die here. This country was a desert, and I turned it into a forest, where everything can grow.”
“No one loves this land more than its citizens. If Europe and America tell you that they love you, be careful. They love the wealth of your land – the oil, and not the people. They are helping you to fight against me but, it will be more wise for you to fight against them because they are fighting against your future and progress.”
“My message to you, the people of Libya, is they are helping you to kill me; but you will pay the price, because you will suffer. And my message to you, America and Europe, is: you will kill me, but be ready to fight a never ending TERRORISM. Before you realise your ignorance, terrorists will be hitting you at your doorsteps.”
Gadhafi once told the Nigerian and British governments to divide Nigeria into two, so that the Hausa/Fulani (Muslims), Yoruba (Christians) and Biafran/Igbo (Christians) can live as neighbouring countries. He was right.
It is important that we look at these 16 REAL REASONS WHY COLONEL GADHAFI WAS KILLED in 2011 and Libya destroyed.. When he was President, the following conditions existed in Libya:
1. There is no electricity bill in Libya, as electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, since banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens are at 0% interest by law.
3. “Home” is considered a key aspect of human rights in Libya. Gadhafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had one.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 Dinars (US$50,000) from the government to buy their first apartment.
5. Education and medical treatment are free in Libya. Before Gadhafi took power, only 25% of Libyans were literate. Before he was killed, the figure stood at 83%.
6. Libyans taking up farming as a career receive farm-land, a farm-house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government funds them to go abroad for them.
8. In Gadhafi’s Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidises 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0. 14 per litre.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amount to $150 billion (now frozen globally).
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation, the state pays the average salary of his or her profession as if he or she is employed, and until employment is found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sales is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gives birth to a child in Gadhafi’s Libya receives US $5,000 as child benefits up front.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya cost $ 0.15.
15. 25% of Libyans have a university degree.
16. Gadhafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River Project, to make water readily available throughout his desert country.
If this is called “dictatorship,” we should question what type of leadership the “democratic” world has given its citizens.We are warned by the Biblical prophet, Hosea: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. Knowledge IS power!